February 12, 2009

My Woodland Fairy and other news













I have been so bad about posting. Life is a bit crazy right now. I have to memorize a long monologue for our Easter play. We are trying to get our garden spot ready. Its time to plant potatoes! I need to do a history project with Princess Poodle but there just doesn't seem to be any time. I think we are going to take a week off soon for Winter Break and that will give me some time to plan ahead. I want to finish reading about the human body this month. I want to teach the kids about birds this spring and then about reptiles and amphibians in late spring. I also have to plan ahead for our last unit on American History which will be about the pioneers. So much to do and all before June when we will take 4 weeks off before we start the new year in July! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all I have to do..can you tell?
Where were are in school as of February 12th. 3 1/2 months left in school year.
Math: Saxon 2 ..we are on lesson 70.
Writing with Ease Level One: we are own week 25
Fll: we use this along with WWE ..we don't do all the lessons ..we are almost done with the first grade portion..working on verbs
Cursive: still moving slowly through the first grade Abeka workbook
Poetry: Princess Poodle has memorized about 6 poems and we are starting a new one this week
History: on break until the spring when we will cover pioneers
Science: working on a brief study of the human body. Read alouds and Magic School Bus videos
Bible: I have really slacked with our theology questions..what to do here?
Art: we studies Andrew Wyeth, some Picasso, and lots of painting and drawing
Music: we have been listening to Vivaldi's four seasons and both kids LOVE LOVE it!
Nature Study: starting to pick up with the warm weather. I want to focus on birds for the spring as well as a study of our garden. Hopefully lots of nature journal entries to come.
I may be forgetting a subject but that is where we are right now in Hazelnut Academy.


1 comment: