September 22, 2007

A blogger...no it can't be!

Ok...I admit it...I thought bloggers were odd. I mean why would anyone have nothing better to do than read about what your kids are doing, or what new wall paper you hung in the bathroom...but then I became a homeschooler ...officially..and I started to visit other homeschool blogs and what did I find? Inspiration...determination....emotional support...creative ideas...the list goes on and on. I became somewhat jealous of the ability to share ones homeschool life with others. I mean nobody got to see how hard I was working or what cool thing I did with the kids. And the truth is I have always kept a journal ...at least until the busyness of life with two toddlers set in..so here goes my attempt at blogging; for me more than for anyone else. Next post I will talk about our family, our school, and why we are Hazel"nut" Academy.

Sheryl

2 comments:

Hen Jen said...

Sheryl,

welcome to blogland! Before I read any blogs, I thought it was kind of a strange concept..a private journal out there for the whole world to see, weird. But then I visited a few and saw more of a family newsletter, and the homeschool ones were even informative for people thinking of homeschooling. There is a whole blogging community that is very interrelated, amazing to find a whole social network that I was totally unaware of.

I like the name of your homeschool.
Happy blogging!

Jennefer said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

I look forward to reading more about your adventures in homeschooling.

Blessings,
Jennefer