May 9, 2008

More Goodbyes..

Our precious cat Skeeter is gone. She has just vanished. I have looked at shelters, on road sides, in other neighborhoods. She is gone. Skeeter was an unusual cat. She walked beside us when we took walks around the neighborhood. She was a constant companion much like a dog. She loved to have her belly rubbed. She would never ever raise a claw to my kids. She longed to sleep on Princess Poodles bed but due to allergies in the family she had to sleep outside and she did. On a blanket right by our door. She was good cat. She was part of the family. She kept me company during the day and placed herself where the kids and I would be. She slept with me one night while dh was away and I was having a bad day. I don't know where she is. I don't know if she is dead or thirsty or wanting to find her way home. I know my sadness is silly in the eyes of many. But I'm hurting over her loss. Part of me wishes I could bury her so we would have some closure. Yesterday Princess Poodle came running and crying from our woods saying she saw her laying dead between two trees. It turned out to be a striped tree fallen down but I could see how she thought it was her. I miss my Skeeter who I called Skittle Doo. I know we will have other pets but she was unique and will forever be that way in my heart.

No comments: