October 9, 2007

Little Girl: Wise Soul




Today is my dd's 6th birthday. How could this be? Why do they grow so fast? I long to slow down the clock but I know I can't. My tears over her growing up are in vain..well maybe not. Let me take some time to tell you about my little Princess Poodle.

She was born to us while at seminary. My husband working and schooling full time. I was in NC away from family, friends, church..and God brought this little miracle into our lives. She was a hard baby...colic, reflux, crying and more crying. She didn't sleep through the night until she was one! I saw early own that this little girl was special. Ok..all moms think that but its like she has this aged soul. She is wise beyond her years, she feels deeply, reacts emotionally, loves whole heartedly, carries burdens far too heavy for such a age. She is a princess and a pirate all rolled into one; sparkles and swords and usually both of these at the same time. She is a moral compass already at the age of 6. She yearns to learn and is amazed at cultures and places and times past. She is a performer and is shy, she is young but she is old, she is a laugher and a crier; she loves company but relishes solitude. She is in alot of ways me.. and this makes me smile and scares me at the same time.

I am so grateful that God has given the task of rearing her to me and her Papa. I'm not sure if I'm up to such a task...something tells me God will use her in ways I cannot fathom. I fail often as a Mommy. I lack the optimism she savors. I lack the patience she needs. But I know that the Lord knew my flaws even when He entrusted her to me. I know she is not mine forever. She is His child and I only pray that I can in some way be a blessing to her and a tool God uses to help form her.

For those of you that know this little hope of our family...I think you will agree and for those of you that don't know her thanks for taking the time to read about this little person. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I love your blog, really precious. **found via WTM board.**

Jennefer said...

What an amazing to tribute to a very special little girl. :)

You are a great mom; I can tell simply by how you speak of her! Blessings to you both in the days and years to come.

Jennefer