October 26, 2007

M. I .C. K. E .Y...and a little school



Our 10 year anniversary trip to Disney World was wonderful. I think I want to make an October vacation a family tradition. After homeschooling July, August, and September I find the break a perfect fit and now I have the energy to push through until Christmas Break! Disney lent us its usual magic and fairytale dreams and we in return lent them alot of money (ha ha). I really can't say enough about the trip...so needed, so wanted, so appreciated! We did manage to work in some school before we left, we read a Magic Tree House book about China while there to wind down at night, and we even took some pictures that were meant to represent India which we studied not that long ago.

The rest of this week we worked on just the basics, reading, spelling, and math. Next week we will be studying Ancient Africa and all the Anansi stories..what a perfect fit for Halloween week: Spiders! For all of you that enjoy the jack-o-lanterns and goblins I'll simply say "Boo to You" from the Hazel"nuts".

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

Oh my! :) I am so envious! I have never been to Disney but we are *so* hoping to take our children there in a year or two.

We are taking a break this next week and it is very needed, too. I am hoping it will also give me that push I need to get through the remainder of our semester.

"See" you soon!
Jennefer

Anonymous said...

I hope you got a chance to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. :-)