November 7, 2007

Our Kitchen Fix up project

Ok...I have to be honest and nobody get mad please...but I don't like orange oak cabinets. There I said it. Since we bought this house three years ago I have been aching to change them but knew I would have to do it because money couldn't be found to have new cabinets put in. So I sanded, and primed, and painted, and glazed until I actually lost feeling in one of my fingers. Im not kidding! Luckily after almost two months the feeling has returned so no permanent nerve damage. Due to my dh's recent RA diagnosis along with two knee surgeries our dear friend Jon installed our floors for us. So here are some pics of the project. We are almost done but not quite. We will be adding glass to two cabinet doors and putting down the quarter round which I just finished painting last weekend. Tell me what you think. ...honestly I can take it.


Sheryl

3 comments:

Hen Jen said...

wow, those cabinets are just incredible after you got thru with them!! They are beautiful! So, are you going to share the steps on how to do something like that?? Really, really great job, can't wait to see the finished kitchen.

Kelli in TN said...

Sheryl,
That is a fabulous makeover! I agree, the finish on them is much more attractive. They were not unattractive before, but now they are something special!

Jennefer said...

Sheryl,

You did a great job! In our first home our cabinets were a pickled oak but with a completely PINK tint. ICK! I decided I would paint them using oil based paint so it would be more durable in the kitchen. I made it through half the kitchen before I gave up and hired someone to come finish the job I started!

You will enjoy your gorgeous new kitchen so much and I love, love, love the floors!

Jennefer