November 23, 2007

A Look Back at very little and a visit from the Polar Express

I have missed doing my weekly updates but sometimes life gets in the way of blogging and I have always wanted to make sure that the living gets done before the writing about the living. So, I am behind on the weekly updates. To tell you the truth I have hit this strange state over the last two weeks and haven't been that motivated. For the first time we didn't get all our assignments completed and now I am two lessons "behind" in math. I'm not freaking out or anything but I would like to catch up. A few things to mention..we had a wonderful bookclub meeting at Ms. Karrie's house complete with tent, campfire, mystery to solve, and smores! Of course the kids enjoyed seeing their homeschooled buddies that they have been with the past three years. We are a small self made group but the two other moms are a blessing to me. So I think I will talk about each of them.

Karrie: She has come into my life in a very strange way. She is the "love" of my husband's young teenage life and you would think this would be odd at the least. But how could this bother me when I have "fallen in love" with her too. She is gracious and caring, she is simple but put together, she is quiet-spirited but strong as an oak. She is a mother of three, a wife of a busy man, a believer longing for something deeper, and quite the encouragment to me.

Donna: She is single mother filling the role of mom, teacher, and sometimes dad. She loves her son with a ferver that you don't see often. She juggles work, homeschooling, parenting, and helping care for her mother and she does this all with grace and resoluteness(ok this may not be a word but it works for me). She sacrifices and she too is an encouragment to me.

Thank you God for these two women that You have divinly put in my path for so many reasons.

We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My newest nephew was born early Thanksgiving morning and he and my sister are doing well. We had good fellowship with my husband's family on Thursday and I ate the best turkey I have ever! had.

Today we will enjoy decorating our house for the holidays. We have a winter wonderland theme ( I am so much the theme person). I love this time of year. Our dormant Bermuda grass and simple home get taken over by snowflakes and polar bears. Its as if the Polar Express came rumbling through our yard late one night and left behind a touch of the North Pole for us southerners to enjoy. And when they light up something lights up inside of me.....that little girl with long brown hair down her back and big blue eyes and barefeet comes to visit me and I must say its nice to be with her again.
Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sheryl - just want to thank you for these glimpses into your family life. I enjoy them and they make me smile. We look forward to seeing ya'll a little more when we are back in town for a couple months. :) annalee