January 21, 2008

Life with a Three year old Boy



I now know what Sudden Impact and GraveDigger are. I have a new found understanding of the beautiful sound of crashing cars and trucks into things. I realize that anything related to pee pee or poo poo is the most hilarious thing ever spoken although I still don't see why pulling ones pants down and flashing your Diego underwear at your sister is amusing. I realize that no means yes and yes means not really. I also understand that mops were truly meant to be used 3 times a day and brooms every hour. Everything is a gun or weapon of some sort...a stick, a tennis racket, even a broken piece of the too often used mop can be made into a laser gun to fight off the "bad guys" and no matter how hard one tries in this fighting someone always gets hurt.

But then...

There are the nightime kisses he requires of me and in this order: butterfly kiss, fishy kiss, bear hug, and plain kiss. Everynight.. without fail. My heart melts. There are the out of the blue...for no reason "I love you Mommy"'s..My heart melts.
Then there are the snuggles upon my chest that I relish especially since I long for a baby again. And when I hear him exclaim and even argue with his sister that he will marry her because he loves her and they are supposed to protect each other. My heart melts.

And so I send a big thank you out to my "little man" ...Thank you sweet son for being who you are, for coming into my life and most especially for making my heart melt.
Mommy Loves you
!Little Man

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ah... Boys are so much fun! Your little guy sounds a lot like my three year old. :) LOL, about the mop and broom usage. Yep.