January 7, 2008

First Day of Second Semester/First Day of PreK

Today was our first day back to school after a much needed break. Its funny..I thought the long break would make it hard for the kids to get back into the swing of things but they were truly excited and ready to go. I think we all long for some structure and each of us found it to be a means of peace this morning.

The day did not go perfect of course. I slept horribly last night (long story) and so my 7:00 rise, shower and prayer time didn't pan out. So I was sluggishly up at 7:30 when Triple H came asking for breakfast. But we did manage to start school on time. Triple H loved having his own things to do. He colored his A apple sheet and did a good job for a 3 year old boy. He completed his Kumon tracing and cutting pages. Then we read a nonfiction wonder book on Apples and also read The Apple Pie Tree. For snack we ate apples with peanut butter. He also worked on counting to 20 and counting items like pennies.

Princess Poodle worked on ow/ou words and read in her reader. She also caught on very quickly to reversing the double facts and turning them into subtraction facts ie : 6+6= 12 so 12-6=6. She completed her math sheets with skill and is looking forward to learning about Alexander the Great this afternoon.

A good day back and now we gear up for the second semester of this school year. Alot has changed in the last few days with our family. My husband learned of a potential lay off with his company..stress he didn't need. So we have decided not to put our house on the market which does take a lot of stress off me. Please pray for God to open just the right door for him and his career. With a degree in engineering, 6 years experience in pharma sales, and a masters of divinity it will be a God-sized task in finding the right job for him. But I will not let fear take over...I will not let Satan win this battle. I will trust in God's provision and timing. And I will pray that if we are jobless and the job hunting is slow that God will help me continue to trust in Him and will be our strength when we are weak.

I love Christmas with a childlike passion and I have enjoyed our pajama days but I welcome in this new year and even though it has started off rocky with this job situation I still feel this will be a great year of growth..spiritually, emotionally, and physcically for our family. Wishing everyone a wonderful 2008.
Now its off to finish up this first week of the new semester.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: