March 19, 2009

Random Tidbits

It is March...how did that happen? The end of the school year is coming up. We finish in May. Princess Poodle is busy with her, If I Was A Bird , science exhibit. I am trying to memorize my drama for this Sunday..my memory is not what it used to be thanks to some medicine I have to take. Darn side-effects! The sun is warm and good for the heart and soul. Princess Poodle is going to be a baton twirler in the America musical at her co-op. I have just about decided what my plan of action for next year will be with the kids and co-op. Triple H is doing well and would be reading in a big way if I had spent the time with him I should be spending. But we have another year of PreK so I'm not stressing.
I am hitting some sort of mid-life transformation...not sure if I'm changing or if I'm not changing for others so much that the true me is coming out. Something to think about. I love, love, love my pottery class. I am playing with paint. I am excited about our garden. It will be titled
"Les Jardin D'Enfantes" spelling may be off, my paper is not with me, but it will mean Children's Garden in French. We continue to do all our subjects. Princess Poodle just finished memorizing her last poem of the year, The Beech Tree. She has learned 7 this year and I am so proud of her. She remembers them all. We review each week and I love this part of her education. The kids art education is going well. The other day we were at a friends place and met another little girl named, Georgia. PP immediately spoke up and said , "There's a famous artist named Georgia and she painted flowers and dead bones". I was happy about her connecting this and I thought to myself..aren't all bones dead ones" lol . Triple H is learning as well and although he mixes up alot of the info in his head, I am hoping that little brain markers are forming that he can use later on.
Some changes for next year. I was planning on doing science with our geography unit. However, the co-op science is going to be much more in depth next year, with homework included, so I will only touch on biomes here at the house, and will concentrate on her "school" science for next year.
ok..enough random tidbits. I doubt anyone read all the way through this brainstorm of mine. Hopefully pics will come soon of the bird project in progress and some other work we have been doing.
Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I always read your entire post! I love hearing what is going on in other people's homes. It's always refreshing and challenges me to think! Thanks for the update!

Kim said...

I always read all the way too! :) I can't wait to see more on your garden. We are getting a late start with ours. Surely something will grow! And we are just getting our bluebird houses up. I'm sure no one will move in this year, but our mockingbirds are hatching soon!