June 15, 2009

What is going on at Hazelnut Academy

We are still on Summer Break. I am in the process of organizing our school room. Thank you Steven for the perfect IKEA bookshelves. I have our first two countries for our geography study planned out. I decided to add in a short study on William Shakespeare, Princess Poodle is wanting to learn about him. I am in search of good children's versions of some of his plays. Our math curriculum is still on back order and therefore I can't plan for that. I have yet to decide what my notebook will look like and what type of lesson plan forms I will use. The kids will each have a Semester Notebook and a Geography notebook. As well as their poetry notebook which will go through 5th grade. Here is a breakdown of what I think our curriculum will look like.

Countries and Cultures Study: this will incorporate geography, science, art, music, literature( I am piecing this together myself)
Writing with Ease Level 2
Singapore Math
Abeka Cursive
Poetry memorization
First Language Lessons for the Well trained mind Second Grade
Bible?
For Triple H: Sing Spell Read and Write K level as well as Explode the Code and math games.

I am probably forgetting something. I may add in mindbenders for Princess Poodle. I have not thought about a plan of action for our days yet. We still haven't heard from the co-op we are waiting to get into. That's ok. It will work out. How do I want to structure our days. Do I want to save our countries and cultures for Fridays or do a little each day. Hmmm. I know Math and Writing must be everyday. I just don't know how I want things to flow this year. Still thinking....

2 comments:

Ali said...

We will be using Singapore and Miquon...I've not looked at Singapore, but my husband decided (I totally put that in his court...I'm a writer) I'm excited...we also used Language Lessons...we have a good bit in common...I'm a bit envious of the beach pics! We'll get there soon, but it's never soon enough!!!

Heather Mattern said...

Youve been tagged on my blog for a "What's in Your Bag" game... hope you dont mind :)