July 1, 2009

Sinapore Math is shipping!

I just received an email that my backordered sinapore math is shipping. Yeah! I am excited and a bit nervous about the change. School for us starts in a few days and I can't believe that I am about to have a K5 and a Second Grader. I am very blessed for these two kids to be in my life. Their spirits are unique and quirky and sweet and just what I need. Triple H is standing in the bathroom talking to me. He is wearing his vote for pawpaw t-shirt that was mine when I was a little girl, an old cowboy hat, a robe he is holding over his left shoulder and is tapping dancing in his new flipflops (his very first pair). He just said" Momma thank you for my flipflops, I love them"). Princess Poodle is still fast asleep but will soon be up and will have The Silver Chair in her hand the moment she awakes. She is now in my lap giving me special hugs and holding her lovey that she has had since she was 6 months old. How the time goes by? Why so fast? And I try not to drown in the sadness of them growing up. Their spirits are eternal and they are growing up at just the speed God wants them too. I however would do things a bit differently.

This post is quite random but that seems to be my life these days. I do have good news. We made it into a co-op which is a miracle because the waiting list was 70 families long. It is called Explorers and we will meet one day a week for six weeks. There will be three six week sessions. each six weeks we will cover a new topic, a unit study type of thing. I think the kids will eventually love it but it will be hard on all three of us at first. We are all a bit shy in new places and around new faces. But this is ,I am sure a blessing and a challenge from God. A way to stretch our characters. I know He will have somthing there for each of us to learn.

Here are a couple of pictures from a recent fieldtrip to Spruells Bluff. We are still enjoying our summering and hope all who read this crazy blog are having a magical summer as well.

No comments: