December 2, 2007

I've Been Tagged by Jennifer (SSA)

Ok here goes. These are in no particular order.

8 things I'm passionate about:
1. Simplicity...I have always and still do yearn! for it. Sometimes I get in the way of it but I still yearn for it and all the peace it brings.
2. Showing my love to my kids verbally and physically. Each day making sure to tell them, hug them, kiss them, dance with them, laugh with them.
2. Photography...I'm no expert but love the camera...I love to see life through that little frame and stop it for a brief moment and capture something priceless.
3. Growing my relationship with my husband. We have had 10 wonderful but hard years and I am passionate about continuing to know him deeper and love him even more.
4. My Savior...God is using circumstances of late to deepen my understanding of His love for me and for that I am passionate and thankful.
5. Weather..sounds silly but I LOVE a thunderstorm, miss the snow, feel alive in the wind...I could keep going. Who else but weird me runs and splashes in the pouring rain with my kids in the summer(the neighbors think I'm a little odd)
6.Homeschooling: a growing passion but is quickly becoming one.
7. This is only # 7 ....I have to move on.

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. See my children saved by God (praise God I have seen this in one already..wow!
2. See my children grow and become what God has planned, to see them happy,with families of their own.
3. to have one of my stories published.
4. To renew my vows with my husband and all of our children present.
5. To bring our adoptive daughter home from China to be with us (we have been waiting to adopt for a year now and looks like God has planned for us to practice our trust in Him ...could be another 3 years)
6. To go back to Hawaii with the kids and take them on the road to Hana and jump with them hand in hand into the waterfalls.
7. to be in another play on stage (other than at church).. I miss the theatre.
8. To become a better cook and homemaker...


8 Things I say often:

1. I love you (to kids and husband)
2. You make my heart smile)
3. Lately to "TripleH" Don't chew on your clothes!
4. Make a smart choice.
5. You're my Princess Poodle doo.
6. Everynight for my daughter " Dear God please help "Princess Poodle" have no bad dreams.
7. What I'd like to and need to say more of Dear Lord Jesus and Amen


8 books I've read recently:
1. Knowing God by J I Packer
2. Some sappy (not tacky) romance novel given to me by my Mother in Law
3. The Well trained MInd...over and over and over
4. So your thinking about homeschooling. (welch)
5. Lots of children's Christmas books
6. Starting to read to my daughter Ida Early Comes over the Mountain by R. Burch ..a well loved author of my youth that is dying. Note to self..go see him this week with pictures from the kids.


8 Things I've learned this year

1. Disease is hard. My husband has been diagnosed with rheumatoid disease. He's 33.
2. God can and does hold us up when things are hard.
3. My daughter is growing up and I don't know all the answers anymore.
4. Boys cry and whine more than girls!!!
5. I love homeschooling but need to continue to pray for God to give me wisdom and grace.
6. I still want another child and I know this cause I'm willing to wait 3 more years for her.
7. I miss my old friends...they know who they are. Some are far away, some are grown men now and for obvious reasons I don't keep in touch too much.
8. I'm stronger than I thought I was.


8 songs I could hear over and over
1. Somewhere over the rainbow.
2. God bless the usa
3. Crazy Love by Van Morrison
4. Anything by van Morrison especially his MoonDance alubm
5. What a wonderful world.
6. Its a small world after all (but I like to be on the ride for that one)
7. Silent Night
8. Hymns of old..

People to Tag:
I'm new to this world of blogging so I don't really know many people..if you want to play join in!

Thanks to Jennifer for tagging me..I enjoyed these quiet moments to stop and think about these things. Off to get stuff ready for the week!
Thanks for stopping by.

Sheryl

No comments: