December 18, 2007

New Semester...Need Structure and so on

Ok..I've been using this downtime to think about how to start next semester. I started this year structured and reved up. Well the structure, in somewhat of a clandestine manner crept away. We are still half way through our curriculum and I feel good about where we are but: I've let chores slide, I've allowed our 7:30 rise and shine to become 8:00 or whenever you get up. Our starting school by 8:30 has become more about 9:30 some days etc. So here is what my goals are for the new semester starting in Jan.

7:00 Mommy up and shower. Time to pray and think about day.
8:00 Kids up and eating breakfast. Cartoons on.
8:30-9:00 Princess Poodles's chores and Mommy and Triple H play.
9:00 30-40 minutes for Math Block
Little snack and break after Math.
10:00 LA block 30-40 minutes
After LA: playtime and lunch and cleanup activites until 12:00

12:00- 2-3 days a week; HIstory Block, other days library runs etc.
1:00 Outside time or exercise kids video/ read books on blanket etc.
2:00/3:00 somewhere in there 1 hour of room time for both kids.
4:00-tv time/computer time while Mommy preps dinner

7:00: Read aloud/science reads
7:30 lights out for Triple H. / husband does Bible with Princess Poodle
8:00 lights out for Princess Poodle

10:00 in bed and lights out by 10:30pm!

I have got to start exercising so I can start sleeping. I have a sleeping disorder..talk in another post about that one...but I know exercise will help.
I have got to have some playtime with ds in the moring before! school starts. He needs this time with me.

So...these are just thoughts and when I am trying to plan next year and add in prek activities and spelling etc. I just feel overwhelmed. One semester at a time. Here's hoping I can stick to most of this most days.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to share any advice on scheduling you may have.
Sheryl

No comments: