December 19, 2007

Triple H and Preschool starting in January

I've read alot of posts and thought on this until I can think no more but only do. So here goes my attempt at giving my 3 year old some preschool now rather than waiting until next school year. He knows his capital letters and can county to 25almost with no mistakes. Shapes, colors etc. are already well founded.

MotorSkills/Prewriting: Pages from Kumon Tracing and Kumon Cutting
Math: we are already doing this: using 100 chart to count to 20 and by 10's, play with pattern blocks, counters etc.
LA: Letter of the week/sound of the week:
color letter page from SSRW; put in notebook, cut and paste magazine pics for letter, read story related to letter, ABC Bingo/ABC Match, sing A_Z phonics song, snack for letter or other fun activity

He also sits in on most of the SOTW reading and of course we read alot of library books each week for storytime. Crafts come into play with our SOTW and holiday/seasonal related crafts. We also have free painting at least once a week. If this goes well I hope to be through the letter Z by mid summer. Next year for PreK4 I hope to do SSRW Kindergarten(which we will start with letter review as necessary) and FIAR. I am praying (all my friends with PreK kids next year) for God to provide a few friends to do this FIAR Literature with on Tuesdays while Princess Poodle is in school)


Thoughts on Next Year at a glance: Princess Poodle:1st grade TripleH: PReK

Princess Poodle: Finish SSRW (we don't! do all the writing), FLL,Journaling at her request, Spelling Workout (we will start A as a summer item), Saxon 2, SOTW 3 (we think), Christian School homeschool Course on Tues: Science, History (SOTW), Music and ARt, Activities: Awana, Baton Lessons

Triple H: Listed above plus some math games etc.

So I am hoping this works out. I think it feels good to me which means alot. Of course I am open to suggestions from my homeschooling friends. Thanks for stopping by.
Sheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you need your FIAR vol. one book back before February? I can mail if you do. And when we are in town - I want to look at your SOTW stuff... I don't think Justus is old enough yet, but I'm interested in what I've been reading. :) You always point me to such good stuff. :) thanks!