February 22, 2008

Nature Journal Update

I purchased My Nature Journal for both of the kids to use next year. This book is split into sections such as The Seashore, The Woodlands, The Pond etc.; each section contains some great info that I can read and talk about while on our nature outings. It also has some fun activities like bird bingo that the kids and I can play while observing nature. There are blank pages for pictures, sketches, thoughts, etc for the kids to use as they like. However, I am saving this Journal until next school year.We plan to visit Aunt JoJo this summer who lives in Charleston and my plan is to start with the Seashore section while on our visit.
However, I wanted to start our nature adventures now and therefore purchased some spiral sketch books that are a good hand-held size for the kids. We are already making great use of these and both Princess Poodle and Triple H use these to show their Papa and talk about their adventures and what they have seen. I must say they are both very proud of the nature journals. Here are a few pics of their recent entries. I'm still not exactly sure what Princess Poodle was trying to say in her journal. I believe it was related to the two geese that stayed side by side the entire time. We later read that Canda Geese mate for life and stay close to their pairbond. There are also pages from Princess Poodles experience with the lunar eclipse. Triple H completed his duck/geese page with a drawing he did all on his own. I was very proud of my three year old boy staying focused long enough to draw the goose.


1 comment:

Jennefer said...

Oh wow! What are you talking about in your comment on my blog that I get so much done. This is *amazing* and I would love, love, love to add something this great to our school day! I can do all the bookie type stuff but being more organic and "outside the box" is more difficult for me. Thanks for posting this. It inspires me to just get going with our nature studies!!!

Jennefer