February 22, 2008

What Two Kids Do While Mommy is Sick with the Flu

My dh is away on business...in Vegas and I am sick with something similar to the flu; body aches, chills, head cold you name it. So while I am sick and needing to lie down every three hours or so what do two children 6 and 3 get into while Mommy is resting?

Princess Poodle is in her underwear, a pink cape she made from leftover shiny pink material, and a pink crown. Triple H is in his Spiderman underwear which is on backwards and inside out and is using the black remote control as some type of laser device. At present they are both wrestling on their mattresses which I put on the ground for them to camp out last night. What a site! I guess I could blame the insanity on their diet the last two days which has consisted of delivered pizza, icecream, pb and J, and Fruit Loops...aha it must be the Fruit Loops.

I now know why Mommies should not ever be sick! Here's praying I'll be back to full strength very soon. Until then I will use the little energy I have to smile at my two Fruit Loops!
Thanks for stopping by and remember to smile at the little bits of insanity; sometimes they are the most precious.

Update: Today is Sunday and I'm feeling just horrible. I finally gave in and sent the kids to Gramma and Grandaddy's so I can stay in the bed. I don't even want to think about how far behind and off track school has gotten the last two weeks. Aghhh..and I was hoping to have a lighter load in the Spring. Oh well....it will have to be intense during March and April to catch up. Off to bed and to watch the pretty dresses at the Academy Awards...I need something mind numbing.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

DH has the same thing. They put him on antibiotics and a cough syrup with steroids.

I sure hope you feel better.

Michelle said...

Hope you are feeling better now...My house was basically a pharmacy this past month with antibiotics, steroids, inhalers, cough syrup...

When you are feeling up to it, I tagged you for a "What is on your desk?" meme. Come by my blog for the details...and to see a picture of my desk!