August 26, 2008

New House Projects

Little Girl's Garden/Woodland Fairy Theme

Our new home is so nice. I don't have walls that need to be painted or cabinets that I must refinish. Really its so nice. However I am a project girl...it does something good for my spirit to create something. So I have decided to give my little girl an amazing room. I didn't even get to decorate her nursery due to seminary housing rules. She has chosen a woodland fairy theme. I wish I was an artist because my initial plans involved a wall size mural of a tree..but talent and money are lacking and so I must get creative. I will post updates of my new project. Today I got fabric swatches, a bird house that will become a fairy house and a pale yellow cover for her bed. I am waiting on some Fairy Wallies to come in the mail and then I will pick up a paintbrush and hope for the best. I also have some window treatments to make and a bistro set to redo for a garden tea party table. My husband is going to build her a window seat that will have two "window seats" one on each side and a desktop in the middle. Any ideas out there for a woodland/flower fairy theme just bring them on.







Here are the fabric swatches and what will become the fairy house.




Here is a picture of the window I must make curtains for. The window seat/desk area will go into this nook under the window. I will use one of the fabrics to cover the window seat cushions.


This is a canopy that will hang above her bed. I bought it very cheap at IKEA(it was made to go over a crib) and I am embellishing it with flowers to fit into the theme.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Sheryl,
A great way to put something on your wall is using an overhead projector. You can just copy your picture onto a transparency and then trace it from there. It sounds like it will be so sweet. My little girls are going to be "combined" as soon as the youngest gets out of the crib, I'm very excited about having a little girl room...and so are they! I look forward to seeing the pictures.