October 27, 2008

Back to Hazelnut Academy



Fall Break was what I needed it to be. We started back today with a good review in all the basic subjects. We will continue our review this week as well as enjoy some fun halloween stories and crafts. Our trip to Dinsey was once again so much fun. I really couldn't put it into one post. Seeing my kids who often argue holding hands in the park with one another. Riding Soarin which was the most amazing experience. Seeing my 4 year old light up at the sight of donald and mickey and chip and dale. I have to say Epcot was a bigger hit than I expected and I am starting to see the benefits of homeschooling. My kids enjoyed the educational rides as much as the others. I remember asking a man at lunch about a certain ride or two and he said he recommended not to do them because it would bore the kids...but it didn't! Even my 4 year old boy loved seeing vegetables grow outside of soil and the fish hatchery. The show, The American Adventure, was well done and captivated both of them. Our resort was beautiful and we enjoyed watching the sunset over the lake and the giant waterslide was a hit with the kids. THe Halloween parade, show and fireworks were unbelievable. The headless horseman kicked off the parade by riding through main street in the magic kingdom. So cool!!! I hope we can save our money to return next year. We made the kids no promises but did talk to them about how working together to save our money would give us a better chance.




As for school it is a new quarter. I have spent so much time in prayer asking God to help me with patience and gentleness. Today was a great day. We are off now after rest time to go on a nature hike on one of the trails in our neighborhood. Who knows what we might see today.




Also on my thoughts are choices for next year. I seem to do this sooner each year..its not even November yet. I am looking into a science curriculum for the first time. R.E. A. L. Science (read, explore, absorb. learn). I believe we will do earth science and space next year. So much fun!!! I am continuing to look into a geography study for next year instead of the second half of American history. Also I plan to start some intro to cursive in January with Princess Poodle. I ordered Abeka and hope I like it.




Ok...really off to go outside now. Have a wonderful week.

No comments: