October 12, 2008

FALL BREAK!!!

Fall Break has officially begun. We will not have school for two weeks. Princess Poodle will still do random math fact sheets ...I don't want to lose our progress in this area. She is also finishing reading Squanto Friend of the Pilgrims and will read Thanksgiving on Thursday while we are on break. Apart from that the only educational things will be the ones will get while at Disney. Epcot appears to have alot that is educational but the trip is for fun and education will come second on this trip.

I am in more need of this break than I ever have been before. It's not homeschooling, its me and there is so much I need to talk to God about, so much "breathing" I need to do, and even though we will be active for half of the break while on vacation I plan on my spirit being still. Soaking up the blessings God has had mercy on me to give and loving on the three special blessings that I call my family.

Transparency is needed more often between believers and to those believers that are reading this post please know that you are not alone when you have a down spell. This past quarter has been the worst so far of our schooling. Not the learning but my attitude. I have raised my voice, spoke in harshness, felt like staying in bed all day instead of loving on my kids...I have snapped at my husband,threatened public school on my daughter and I have disliked myself and I feel somewhat lost. But our God is a God of forgiveness and so I will accept this gift he gives and pray for a spirit that is more in tune with Him, a more obedient spirit, a more joyful spirit. And I pray for sleep because I feel the lack of it is playing a crucial role in my attitude and weakness.

So Fall Break here I come. As a little girl I remember catching falling leaves with my sisters that fell from an old tree in front of my Mamaw and Papaw's trailer. We believed that if we caught one in the air and made a wish, the wish would come true. I guess as I have gotten older I have come to believe in prayers more than wishes. But for this two weeks, not putting sound theology aside but maybe just on hold for a bit, I will become like that kid again and believe in wishes and wishes come true.

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes! Disney here we come!

Sheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so understand! It's been that kind of month for us as well. I have a theory that the enemy likes to attack homeschoolers in Sept! You are not alone==I'm sad to say I threatened ps last week. Today is a new day. I pray you have a fun trip that will refresh you!!

Jennefer said...

Hope you are having fun at Disney and I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Jennefer