January 4, 2009

Thoughts about Jane...part one

I have started reading again. I suppose it is a part of this "awakening" I am going through. I have recently read some short stories by a local author. They made me laugh, they made me cry, and at times they made me cover my ears, I'm not used to cussing. After a recent trip to my local library I now hold in my hands ..Jane...Eyre to be more specific. I have never had the pleasure of reading this piece of art by Bronte. I have never drunk in the words slow enough so they might sit on my lips awhile. I have only just begun this book and I must say I am enthralled. The language is intoxicating, the characters already friends to me, and the soul of this book which I know is yet to be discovered, seems to beckon me to keep reading. I can't wait to see what friendship forms between Jane and myself over the next few days. I have this feeling that she will somehow change me. Other books have done that. They have left a fixed mark upon me that I carry with me year after year. Yes, I may sound silly talking about a book like this, but sometimes books are magical that way. I hope to post more on my thoughts about Jane, my new friend in the making.
Sheryl

2 comments:

really.truly said...

Sheryl--Just read your comment. It's me Mary. I did not go by Mary on my blog for privacy reasons....decided "oh well". Just started my blog-glad you came to visit.
How is the adoption process going??

Ali said...

I love a good book...a quality book...a book that makes me sad to finish. I think I'll have to check this book out!