January 1, 2009

Sketch Tuesday Results

I have started participating in Sketch Tuesdays from Harmony Fine Arts. I have always been afraid of art. Fear of failure, pride, and an older sibling that excelled in art, aided in developing that fear I suppose. I don't want my kids to fear art. I don't want to fear art anymore. So I, the complete non-artist that I am, am trying to encourage Princess Poodle and Triple H to draw and keep drawing, just as I am encouraging them to read, write, and listen to good music. They may never be artist in the true sense, but perhaps they won't fear it as I do.

The latest assignment for Sketch Tuesday was to sketch something old. The kids tossed around various ideas, but decided to sketch an old hunting cabin that hides itself in the woods behind our house. The cabin is no longer in use and I am not sure of its age, but I am sure of its beauty.
Princess Poodle's (7 years)

Triple H's (4 years)

1 comment:

Ali said...

Your schooling challenges me greatly...in a good way! The exposure you give your children is awesome. I can't wait to work on my lesson plans for the coming weeks and I am excited to include some things that I may have been leaving out before! Happy New Year!
P.S.
The cabin is beautiful!!!