December 26, 2008

A New Year Coming

Each year about this time, people and the media start talking about two things. One, they think about the year in rewind and two they think about the future and what they want to change in that future. I have never been a resolution kinda girl. Its a little too cut and dry for me. A list with numbers down it of things I should do and hope to check off but then I don't do. I don't think I've made such a list in many a year. I am however in the midst of something transforming. So instead of resolutions, things I must do, I am going to focus this year on things I WANT to do, not things I need to do. I've spent the better part of the last 15 years thinking about what I need to do. I need to make good grades in college, I need to learn to cook, I need to learn how to take care of a baby, I need to have a 30 minute quiet time everyday, I need to sweep the floors and finish the laundry. I am going to listen to my heart and soul more and follow them. I don't know what this will look like. I can't make a list of where my heart will lead. That would most certainly defeat the purpose. I'm going to let go and just be...and enjoy what that brings. Yes, there is a new year coming.
Sheryl

1 comment:

Jennefer said...

Wow! I guess great minds think alike, huh?! :) I think you did a much better job of putting those thoughts into words than I did, though!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year and I look forward to getting to know you better in 2009!

Jennefer