April 18, 2009

From the Garden...


Our garden is complete. It has tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, blueberries, and flower bulbs. We are starting small, hoping not to overwhelm ourselves. We made stepping stones with Mimi and placed them in the garden to have a path to walk on. I still want to paint the raised bed but that will have to wait for now. We also have to put our lovely signs up. Need to go to home depot for stakes. Enjoy the pics.

Mommy and Princess Poodle planting our tomato plants.


Look at those dirty hands. A true sign of a job well done!


This is Crinkleroot. He is the protector of our garden.
Here is Triple H. I took this picture from a distance. I think he and Crinkleroot are having a deep conversation about the meaning of life. What do you think?



3 comments:

Kim said...

looks awesome Sheryl!
You are waaaay ahead of us. But we have seen the first sign of strawberries!
Fun fun fun!!

Ali said...

As usual, I leave your blog with some great ideas! I love the signs for your garden. My husband has done all of the hard work, so I'm not really sure where anything is, and I know the kids will love making signs! Also, the garden gnome. My sis did mention that I needed a gnome, but you've convinced me and they are so cute! I'll have to post some pics of our gardens to share.

We are doing well around here. I'm struggling with His power that works mightily in me and have learned alot over the last few months.

We have a lot in common as I am quite a dabbler as well and I am totally jealous of your pottery classes! I'm going to put that on my list of things to do...soon!

Still haven't finished Jane Eyre...life is happening all around me and my books are being neglected. It doesn't help that I'm reading 3 at a time!

Sorry for such a long comment! Have a great day!

Heather Mattern said...

Looks great! My girls want to start a garden yet I totally kill everything that I touch. Any advice on easy and hard to kill plants/veggies :)