April 30, 2009

Random Tidbits

1. We have tiny, green, baby tomatoes in our garden!!!
2. I also shooed away two large does from our garden yesterday morning!!! Must get up fencing.
3. Only a few more weeks of first grade for Princess Poodle. The year has flown.
4. Even though I am sleeping so much better, I feel run down lately. Why is that?
5. We have started reading about the westward expansion and pioneer. This will be kept simple with living books and some videos.
6. The kids and I washed our dirty van yesterday.
7. After budget crunching and being willing to give up some other things, we are going to get to go to Disney world again in the fall. We are so excited. This trip does wonders for me and the kids mentally. After schooling in July, and August, the trip in September will be a welcomed break.
8. We are going in early June to visit my sister in Charleston. I have never been. Also we will be going to columbia to see an art exhibit that will have some works from the greats like Monet, van Gogh etc. Princess Poodle is very excited.
9Princess poodle got first place in her science fair and first in the art fair. She got third in the photography fair. Will post pics later.
10. God loves me even though I am hopelessly flawed, a sinner, and stubborn beyond measure at times!

Thanks for stopping by.
Sheryl

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hey Sheryl, one year the kids and I at Habersham Head Start made pioneer covered wagons out of white cotton cord, canvas and big refrigerator cardboard boxes...we had a blast building them and they had a blast playing in them. Might be a fun project for the westward expansion study. Maybe I can visit and help with it. May be heading your way in late June.
Mimi