May 30, 2009

Fieldtrips Coming Up and my own version of LOST

Summer is in full swing her at Hazelnut academy. I know this because my legs are covered in bug bites and my back and chest in this strange red color that only shows up as Spring fades and the first real heat of summer catches me off guard. I also know that summer is here because I found myself buying a book from Publix. I mean really, how good of a literary masterpiece can come from a grocery store. But summer reads have a place and it had been awhile since I had read something so, saucy and quick witted. Finished it in one day and now I feel guilty about the 1o bucks I spent on it. I have no want to keep it on my shelf and would be slightly embarrassed to pass it on to someone else. lol
This week we leave for a long weekend trip to visit my sister and her family in Charleston, SC. We are hoping to hit the beach one day, downtown Charleston one evening, and then hit Columbia another day. We have reservations to go see the Turner to Cezanne art exhibit that is touring only 5 US cities. Princess Poodle is beyond excited to be visiting a real art museum. She has been jealous ever since I got to visit the Lourve last summer. I cannot wait to get my toes in the sand, feel the ocean breeze on my face, and get lost in a little VanGogh, Turner, and Monet. Fieldtrips are so much fun! I also got some time to get away tonight and read up on next years writing plan and finish planning out our "trips" to England and France. Also, am I the only crazy, absent minded homeschool mom that has ordered curriculum and then LOST It. I mean an entire SAxon 3 kit cannot be found. Now I am wondering, "Did I really order it or was it a dream?" This has been known to happen to me, confusing reality with something I dream. I will search the house from top to bottom this coming week and if it is still unfound I guess I will have to order, "again"?.
So until my next post which will hopefully include pictures of our Charleston trip, a FOUND ad for my lost curriculum, and hopefully less bug bites and a golden color replacing the garish strawberry red that presently exist on my skin.

Happy Summering! (not a word, but Oh it should be!)

1 comment:

Ali said...

I am SO looking forward to "summering!" I hope you find your curriculum...have a super time at the beach! You asked me a question on m blog...we are going to school through the summer and I am very excited about it. I have my little world back...I missed it...and now I appreciate it!