April 2, 2008

Adoption Sadness

Ok..I haven't written much on our adoption process from China. I guess because the process has gotten so difficult I sometimes do better not to think about it. We have been waiting a little over a year to adopt a baby girl from China. We were told it would take 10-12 months. Well the wait has grown and is now at three years which would leave us only a little less than two years to go. I'm ok with that. But there are murmurings of it taking even longer...will we ever see our baby girl. Will my kids ever get to meet their sister? Will I know what it feels like to hold a baby in my arms again? I turn to God and know that He is in control...I must release my ideas and timeframes to Him...but its hard somedays like today. If our family is complete and we will never get our third child then I pray God will change my heart because right now a piece of my heart is in China...

4 comments:

Meliss said...

I'm sorry the wait is so difficult and for your sadness. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Jay and Heather said...

I will be praying that God will reveal His will for your family to you.
Lots of love,
Heather

Ruskin said...

I hope it won't be long until you have your little baby girl. Don't give up hope although it has been too long already I am sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're having to wait so long. 8-( We have a beautiful daughter from China, so I know the anticipation of that time. However, we didn't have to wait so long! It's sad that the process has become so slow. God knows your heart cries and He has every step of your path and your daughter's in His hands.

Denise in IN (from the WTM boards)