April 5, 2008

Here comes the rain and the books!

I have started to get in some of the books I ordered from Amazon for next year. I do not order alot of books..wish I could but the money issue is overwhelming. I am a library junkie and they know me when they see me coming. How many times do I have to tell them that I know I can only check out 50 books! ha ha

I got the Handbook of Nature Study and can't wait to read it. I also got our encyclopedia of American History. We won't use the whole book this year but what a great coffee table book to have. This would make a great present to all families. Some other books that I did order..never hurts to have some on hand in case another crazy homeschooler beats you to it at the library, came in. I'm getting some books on the founding of our Country, our constitution, etc. Can you tell I'm excited to teach American History next year. I swear I could spend 1,000 dollars in books easily. Well I could get close I'm sure. Oh and something neat..CBD sent me the wrong Saxon course, they sent another 1 instead of 2. They told me not to worry about it and they shipped out a Saxon 2 already. That means I have a free Saxon 1 for my ds3 when he hits Kinder. Yeah!

Well I'm off with husband and the kids to go shrub shopping in the rain! Yes the rain has finally come to Georgia like one of those Canada Geese and I think it plans to stay here awhile. Praise God for the rain..it is much needed.

So that's all on this Saturday morning...books and rain. Both of which I love and take pleasure in. Now off to put on my slicker, my camo rain boots, and an old pair of jeans and t-shirt to search for shrubs and then I think a good bath and my new Nature Book will be perfect for later.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

the striped rose said...

We are in Georgia too! I love Amazon and the library. They see me coming a mile away. It is strange, they do not like me at one local library. They do not like it that I always have the max # of books!?! I have another homeschooling friend and we stand at the desk and swap books without checking them in (in case someone has a hold) and if one of us reaches our max, the other checks out the books on her card (if she isn't maxxed out!) It drives the librarians crazy! But the other library loves us! They comment on the quality of books and once overrode the system so I could check out all my holds because they needed the space!

Michele B