April 16, 2008

To a Child 2nd place IS the gold medal!

We have been very busy here at Hazelnut Academy.
Princess Poodle was in her first musical "Sermon on the Mound". She worked very hard learning all the songs and her short duet. I was so very proud of her and how she overcame her fears of being up in front of people. She sang loud and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard (because she's mine not because she is the next American Idol). The day was wonderful. Princess Poodle also entered the Art and History Fairs. She got a participation ribbon for her art piece and she got the 2nd place ribbon for her history project! Yeah! Her history project was entitled The Great Nile of Egypt. She was judged in the Kinder-2nd grade category. I was very proud of her hardwork and enthusiasm and she was very proud of that beautiful 2nd place ribbon! She slept with it that night!
We are also hard at work finishing our Sing Spell Read Write program (minus the way too much writing part) and also finishing up Saxon 1 in math. She is currently reading The Boxcar Children which is on a third grade level and is breezing through it and able to tell me what is happening so I feel pretty secure in her reading. She does need some refreshing on her skip counting and to be drilled more often with her math facts. We are also wrapping up our study of the Ancients. She has loved history and as a gift to give her for her Kindergarten Graduation party I am going to have the review cards printed and laminated for her. She will love this as strange as it sounds.I have also purchased her first real necklace that has this little silver angel on it. So, two and a half more weeks of school until summer break. I am working hard on planning for next year so I can relax some on the break. Language Arts has me stumped and I thought I'd chosen my path. Hopefully clarity will come soon.
Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: