April 23, 2008

Language Arts Struggle

I am flip flopping big time with Language studies. Do I want to go a more Mason approach and stick with Language Lessons for the Very Young and then move on to Primary Language Lessons or do I want to use First Language Lessons and Writing with Ease. I think I won't be able to figure this out without giving them a try. So I plan to start our year in July with LLFVY. July is a lighter month for us as we ease back into the routine of school. Then I will start bringing in FLL and WWE in Aug or Sept. Hopefully I will get a feel for which one I like and which one dd likes. I may end up using FLL and WWE as our primary sources and pulling in picture study and some of the story telling elements from LLFVY. I just have to have each of these books in front of my face..flip through them with my own fingers and actually implement them so I can feel them. Hopefully by the beginning of October I will have a solid direction for one of the other or a combo of both. So now I have some present peace just less money for having ordered them all. My poor husband. Sorry for the dull post..I'm just trying to process all this in my head before my summer break which I really want to enjoy. Oh, and I already planned our lessons for the first week of school in July. Like I said I want my May and June break to be about spending time with my kids and organizing my home ...not writing lesson plans. Here's hoping it all comes together.

No comments: