April 28, 2008

Wrapping up The Year

We are finishing our Sing Spell Read Write and Saxon 1 this week. Today we completed our study of the ancients and learned about the fall of the great Roman Empire. I caught princess Poodle rereading the chapter on Julius Caesar getting kidnapped by pirates. She was reading with such fervor and passion. I think she really likes this history stuff. The rest of the week will be pretty dull except for Thursday on which I have planned an end of the school year bash complete with water balloons and icecream! Here's some pics of recent projects, artwork, nature journal entries etc. Summer break here we come!!!!




Painting by Princess Poodle
Princess Poodle's History Project
Abtract String Painting

Poem Orally Narrated by Princess Poodle

My Personal Project Kitchen Redo
Painted Walls, Friend installed floors, refinished table and chairs

2 comments:

Jay and Heather said...

Wow, your kitchen is beautiful. Can you believe how fast our kiddos grow up? I have an upcoming second grader and kindergartener--our babies just don't stay babies! I still think of the days the girls had their fave. rocks and sat on them under the tree.

Jennefer said...

Oh my goodness!Love, love, love the color of the walls, the floor the black table and the print on the chairs. It looks gorgeous!!!

Jennefer

PS I finally added you to my blogroll. I have been meaning to do that forever! :)