November 6, 2008

bittersweet but God is Good!

Life here has been hard and surreal. At one point we had both my mother in law in ICU, my father in law in surgery and my grandmother in the hospital all at the same time..same hospital. We are tired and emotionally drained. Praise God that my mother in law is now home and doing well, my father in law came through his surgery and is home doing well. We did lose our grandmother and tomorrow is the funeral. For those that read this and pray please pray for my husband as he will be doing the funeral. He was very close to his grandmother and is exhausted to say the least. I am looking forward to school starting back next week. A dear friend wrote on her blog today about the joy of a groove...our groove has been shaken and although there I times I want it to be shaken right now I need our routine. I need groceries and library trips and school time and early bedtimes and smores on the back porch fireplace. God is very good. He has blessed us this past two weeks beyond measure. I will write more about our sweet grandmother in the coming days. Oh what a precious lady she was! But in all of this...family crisis, death, even election results that were not the results we wanted..God is good. God is unchanging. And He is present. Breathe Him in today.

Sheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! What a week. It sounds like you have an amazing family, what a blessing.

Ali said...

I'm just now doing some catching up. I am sorry for your loss and I know the strain that hospitals put on families. It sounds like you are finding comfort in The Comforter and will have some sweet memories to carry you on. Blessings.