November 18, 2008

"Plugged In"

I remember reading somewhere that you should always unplug your small appliances even when not in use. It said that even when not turned on the appliance is still using up energy from the outlet. I'm not sure if this is entirely true or not, but it got me thinking.

Am I that "plugged in" to Jesus? Am I so plugged in that even when I am off, when my Bible is not open, when my eyes not closed in prayer; that I am still pulling energy from Him..that I still remaining in Him?

With my horrific sleep problems and diagnosis of them I am finding each days' work to be overwhelming. Grocery lists, shopping trips, bathing the kids, teaching the kids, cooking meals...such simple things but with so little sleep and my energy failing me I can't help but need Him more. I think so many things in my life God has allowed to happen because I have a tendency to lean on myself, believing that in my own strength I can get it done. Well now I have no strength. I'm not writing this for pity or anything like that. I just realize how important it is to be really plugged in to our Savior. How necessary it is on a daily basis to be remaining in Him so that even when we are turned off He is still filling us up.

So I want to be like my toaster...turned on everyday, used every morning, meaning in His word everyday and in prayer, but also when I am "turned off" I am still soaking up energy..still bringing Him in. Like my toaster does with electrical power... Oh God let me be like my toaster!
Sheryl

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful, honest post! This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time and it really hits the "nail on the head." I often have to remind myself that I have to "lean not unto my own understanding" and just let Him have all of the control.