November 7, 2008

A Need for Pink

I am a blue girl. I always have been; The sky, the ocean, blueberries, and blue hydrangeas..I was never a pink girl. I have found a way to tolerate pink. God gave me a pink girl. My princess Poodle is all pink. But today or should I say tonight I am feeling fond of pink. Grandma's funeral was today. She loved pink. She even had a pink bathroom..toliet, tile, tub..all pink. Her funeral flowers were like paintings...splashes of pink everywhere; roses, gerber daisies, lilies that O'Keiffe should have painted. So tonight...I am a pink girl. I turned the blog pink in honor of Grandma. At the funeral today they spoke of her community service, her founding of our county, her place of honor in this town, but I sat and thought of different things. I can feel even now how it felt to hold her 92 year old hand. I can see the softness of her beautiful white hair that I remember kissing. I can see her standing on her front porch as the kids and I drove away after a visit as if she had to watch over us; When it was all she could do to stand. She wasn't my grandma until I married her precious grandson. But she took me in and through her love taught me what a grandmother should be...what a grandmother could be. And I think because of her I will forever have a fondness for pink.


And as for the picture at the top of the blog..thats my pink girl..dancing. And I think that is what Grandma must be doing now in heaven before the Lord. It could only be from God that in such sorrow a spirit can dance. Do you feel like dancing with me?
I love you Grandma!

No comments: