November 10, 2008

A Secret Garden

Have you ever wanted a secret garden..a place to hide away from things..well a place to hide from all things but God of course. Because I find that He is most present in our secret places...or perhaps it is just there we hear him better. Well today I got to venture into a secret garden. It isn't mine but I am thankful that Mr. Steven is willing to share it with us from time to time.

Here is a bit of what we experienced on our first adventure into this secret garden.


We saw hundreds of ferns growing in a greenhouse; rows of them in the moist heat, beautiful swans with graceful necks, his art studio full of amazing paintings, his wood work shop where he was working on making magnificent bowls out of stumps of wood, a bamboo forest that reached up to the skies like giant vines that only Jack would climb..I could go on and on. I can't wait to go back to see each season as it shows its beauty in this treasured place. I have always loved the book The Secret Garden. I have always wanted a secret garden of my own. I am hoping that as we develop our backyard here at the house that I can carve out a little secret spot to call my own. I know now as a grown up that I can't step through a wardrobe into another land but I do believe in secret gardens and the power that they hold. I hope you find your secret garden.

Here are some pics of the callicara americana we found decked out in its finest with the most beautiful berries as well as the kids history diaromas of a keeping room they made as part of our colonial studies. The picture at the top of the blog is the secret door that leads into the garden we visited today.
Hope you enjoy.








No comments: